Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The Visit

I will let you in on a little secret. I actually sit down once a week and write these posts, and then schedule them to post throughout the week.... Meanwhile, I spend the rest of the week on personal growth, and working through my issues, and growing stronger. While it looks like I take the weekends off, I am actually only writing on the weekends. This weekend was a little different.
I feel blessed in my arrangement. My husband is an over the road truck driver, so I don't have to be in the same house with him every day. And even when we do talk on the phone, I can still see the signs I have posted around me to remind me that I am strong, that I can be happy, etc. I even have signs posted around my desk about being a successful person, inspiring words, goals, reminders of what to focus on (the GOOD)....
Isn't it a funny coincidence then that the post I wrote about losing the cell phone posted on Friday, and a few hours after that my husband drove up. ...Unannounced. Well, that is what I get for not answering the phone! LOL Set myself up for that. Luckily he drives a semi truck, and those things are just not quiet, or easy to just shut off and jump out of like a car. We had just woken up, and we were still laughing and playing tickle monster, and I heard the rumblings of a semi truck. (The kids and I all sleep in the living room... monsters live down the hallway you know.) I jumped up and looked out the window...talk about an vibration change.... I saw a semi truck I had never seen before, but my husband just switched companies and I hadn't seen his new truck yet. But, I could feel it, I knew it was him. There are actually several semi drivers in the neighborhood, so semi trucks are not uncommon.
I ran to get dressed, and then went to my desk and started ripping signs off the wall.... Anything damaging, anything that might say out loud I was getting too strong for him, anything that would tell him how much I wanted to leave him, how much I hated him for doing this to me. When my daughter saw me ripping down signs she ran to the other end of the house and did the same thing...she just felt like she should even though she didn't know why I was doing it. I was shaking as he walked up the stairs and knocked on the door, since it was locked.
It is amazing how forgiving children are...it's too bad we forget how to be that way as we get older.... The boys jumped up to hug him as he came in, which gave me enough time to compose myself.
I was not prepared for the rest of the weekend, I was not prepared for even what I would do...

No comments: