Tuesday, May 27, 2008

I Never Considered it to Be Abuse...

I never considered it abuse... it snuck up on us slowly, over time, slowly getting worse, and we just never noticed. It's like the story of how to boil a frog. If you put it into boiling water, the frog knows the danger and jumps right out. But, if you put the frog into a pot of room temperature water over a flame, it will sit in the pot never realizing that the water temperature is going up to a point where it (the frog) will eventually die. That's what my marriage has been like.


I know that I have been depressed at various points in my life. But, right before I met my husband, I was not. I do remember having a severe case of the blues, and being upset that I couldn't stay home with my baby girl (she was three at this point), and raise her. I was worried for the future, and wasn't sure if I would be able to support her on my own. And he was so wonderful and caring. He was always thoughtful; he seemed to support my desires...


Twelve years and another two children later I find myself calling a hotline for Domestic Violence to get help.

No comments: