Saturday, December 5, 2009

What If HE Was Right....?

What if HE was right when he said I wasn't good enough? ..that I didn't do it well enough? ..that I wasn't worth it? After so many months, and so much healing, these were not the thoughts I expected to have come up today. And yet, there they were.. an innocent conversation with a man that truly loves me. And yet within those words of love, I hear the echoes of words from so long ago, from other men. Why do they still ring so in my head?

The longer you are with an abusive person, in an abusive relationship, the more ingrained those echoes from the past are. Even if you managed to pull yourself from one abusive relationship to another for years, decades, doesn't mean that any of them were right. You are good enough, you have always been good enough, and you will always be good enough.

And HE IS WRONG... No matter how nice he seems, how well intentioned, how remorseful.. he is still the same, and it will happen again. You are your own person, you have your own power.. now is the time to take it back, fight for it, don't let anyone ever take it away from you again. It is your power, and you are good enough.

No comments: